• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I protect myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I have just joined a MLM(multi-level-marketing) company, in Utah, selling vaction packages via the web mostly. What are some of the ways that I can protect myself concerning sells taxes, business licences, and tax ID's?Do I need any of these things?



Senior Member
Ask the MLM Company.. The real danger is fraud, as many MLMs are close to or over the line!

This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com


The vacation market is highly competitive and has a bad reputation for fraudulent MLM schemes. Did you check out the company thoroughly before associating with them? Since you're 17, you can get out of the contract if you want to. If you really like the MLM concept (and it can be very lucrative) there are better products to sell.

You'll need a business license, a tax ID number (probably your SSN), and should take the class your state revenue dept offers on state excise and business & occupation taxes.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential