• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I see my kids again?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jldrucke

Without going into the specifics, my children were found to be "depend" and ordered to complete cps's recommended services. Almost before I even started them, the father of 1 & grandmother of the other filed for custody and within a week from filing, allegations of me being innpropiate with them where under investigation. I lostcustody of my 2 sons and was ordered to have no contact with them and told there was nothing I could do until I'm cleared of this repugnant accusation but will only be notified if I am charged. Basically, sit on my hands for a cold month and wait for an indictment that will never come. I was given a timeframe of Jan being safe to assume anything.

I want my kids back but know that is a far leap from having no contact. So what is the next baby step do I take next? Havent seen or spoke to them since july2019 and miss my kids desperately. Do I file a request for visitation or Modification of current custody order or something else entirely? Do I need to file an addition request to have a temporary visitation order during the court proceedings or just state this in my initial request?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Without going into the specifics, my children were found to be "depend" and ordered to complete cps's recommended services. Almost before I even started them, the father of 1 & grandmother of the other filed for custody and within a week from filing, allegations of me being innpropiate with them where under investigation. I lostcustody of my 2 sons and was ordered to have no contact with them and told there was nothing I could do until I'm cleared of this repugnant accusation but will only be notified if I am charged. Basically, sit on my hands for a cold month and wait for an indictment that will never come. I was given a timeframe of Jan being safe to assume anything.

I want my kids back but know that is a far leap from having no contact. So what is the next baby step do I take next? Havent seen or spoke to them since july2019 and miss my kids desperately. Do I file a request for visitation or Modification of current custody order or something else entirely? Do I need to file an addition request to have a temporary visitation order during the court proceedings or just state this in my initial request?
What state? Are you paying child support? To whom has CUSTODY been granted?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">