• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I stop paying support to my ex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Sick of my ex

How hard is it to change a divorce decree that awarded child support to my ex-wife until my daughter graduates college? I agreed to support our daughter until graduation because she was living at home. She now has her own apartment and is only receiving 150.00 a month from her mother and my child support is 175.00 every two weeks. I would much rather pay the money to my daughter directly, then her mom wouldn't be pocketing 200.00 of my money each month. My ex is being difficult and says that the divorce decree states that she is to get the money and not our daughter. My question is, do I have a legal leg to stand on? I live in KS, was trying to do the right thing when I got divorced, now I'm getting taken advantage of. Please help....


Senior Member
you file a motion to cease support. since she is maintaining her own residence she is no longer a dependent of the CP and the CP is no longer incurring expenses.

or request the payment go directly to the daughter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential