• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I Stop visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon
I divorced my husband 8 years ago, We lived in the Portland area (I still do). He moved across the river into Washington. He visits the kids maybe 3 - 4 times a year and only calls them at those times. I use to get mad that he didn't spend more time with the kids, but my oldest is now 21 and when she turned 18 he started smoking pot with her. The kids have always known he smokes and have never liked it. Now her younger sister who ( doesn't like drugs at this time) is 15 goes over is aloud to watch them while they smoke. He lives with his mother, she is fully aware that he and her other son (he doesn't live there) smoke pot and do it with the grandkids around. They just had one of there cousins (who was 14) from this family OD on inhalents!
I can't stop or control my older daughter at this point, tho while living with me she was not using, but my younger 15 yr old could be influenced by her fathers family just like the older one and I have a 13 year old son also that could be influenced also. My daughter brings up that a lot of kids do them at school and she just makes the choice not to use, my complaint is he is their FATHER and should be setting a good example not showing them how to do them. Is there any advice out there of anything I can to to stop him from seeing them. My 15 yr old is getting a little rebellous and I know she will use moving to her fathers on me, and tells me that he will let her do what she wants. (and he will). Help!! I can't afford an attorney.
Last edited:


Senior Member
If you have known all this time he was using drugs why didn't you do something about it 8 years ago???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential