• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I sue entity for illegal credit reporting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am in Texas. I have a previous creditor who has erroneously reported an "I8" on my credit report. I have spoken to them, got the CRA to ask if it was correct (which they answered "yes"), sent them certified mail, and on and on. They continue to send me information that they have now corrected it with the CRA, but the information is not being corrected. How do I file suit against them to correct the information?

Thank you.


Senior Member
whoabuddy said:
How do I file suit against them to correct the information?
My response:

First, you apply for, and then become accepted to, a fully accredited law school. You spend about $60,000 - $80,000 for a complete legal education.

Then, you do like I did, and open your own law practice, hire a bunch of staff, take on a partner or two, and finally you'll be able to know the in's and out's of the litigation process.

If this doesn't work for you, then see an attorney who deals in credit problems.

Good luck to you.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential