• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I sue someone for persecution?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hankk

Washington state: How do I sue someone for persecution?

Hello. My ex wife has taken it upon her to destroy me. We are going through a fierce custody battle and she has gotten a protection order agianst me under false allegations.

My point is that she has damaged my reputation by accusing me of child abuse (without specifying) claiming that I am a criminal, a thug, a violent person, a mentally disturbed person, etc..

Then she tried 5 times to get me criminally convicted for alleged protection order violations. 3 police reports were so reidiculous even her police officer friend could not find probable cause. the other 2 charges went to court but they will dismissed because one is false (the protection order was no longer active but she lied to the cop) and the other one is ridiculous.

She has also disseminated a false, threatening document to the community claiming I wrote it and sent it to her. I live a life now where I hide behind cars on the street if I see someone I know fearing they might tell her I talked to them and then she will try again to file a false protection order.

As a consequence of her actions I had a bad position in family court, I am looked at as a criminal in criminal court already, some of my friends in the community has turned away from me. Her lies and accusation are now part of a public record which everybody can look up and I have spent an extrodinary amount to defend myself against false charges.

Besides the damages described, my main motivation in filing this suit is to get her to stop. If there are consequences for her she will probably stop.

I feel persecuted, harried, insulted, my reputation has suffered and worst, my time with my son has been limited (family court case I am appealing to).

My questions is if there is a motions I can file that combines, damage of reputation, slander and persecution. Which court would I file it in and is there a form or do I start from scratch writing the motion (an attorney is out of the question but I am good with legal stuff)?

Should I ask for money damages or what?

Thank you kindly

Last edited:

quincy

I suggest you locate an attorney who specializes in defamation law and discuss the matter with him/her.

You probably should have added this to one of your other related threads.

Just Blue

Washington state: How do I sue someone for persecution?

Hello. My ex wife has taken it upon her to destroy me. We are going through a fierce custody battle and she has gotten a protection order agianst me under false allegations.

My point is that she has damaged my reputation by accusing me of child abuse (without specigfying) claiming that I am a criminal, a thug, a violent person, a mentally disturbed person, etc..

Then she tried 5 times to get me criminally convicted for alleged protection order violations. 3 police reports were so reidiculous even her police officer friend could not find probable cause. the other 2 charges went to court but they will dismissed because one is false (the protection order was no longer active but she lied to the cop) and the other one is ridiculous.

She has also disseminated a false, threatening document to the community claiming I wrote it and sent it to her. I live a life now where I hide behind cars on the street if I see someone I know fearing they might tell her I talked to them and then she will try again to file a false protection order.

As a consequence of her actions I had a bad position in family court, I am looked at as a criminal in criminal court already, some of my friends in the community has turned away from me. Her lies and accusation are now part of a public record which everybody can look up and I have spent an extrodinory amount to defend myself against fals charges.

Besides the damages described, my main motivation in filing this suit is to get her to stop. If there are consequences for her she will probably stop.

I feel persecuted, harried, insulted, my reputation has suffered and worst, my time with my son has been limited (family court case I am appealing to).

My questions is if there is a motions I can file that combines, damage of reputation, slander and persecution. Which court would I file it in and is there a form or do I start from scratch writing the motion (an attorney is out of the question but I am good with legal stuff)?

Should I ask for money damages or what?

Thank you kindly
With all that has happened I assume you have an attorney?

CdwJava

Understand that if you do not use an attorney and you try and pursue some form of defamation case pro se, YOU will be expected to know what an attorney does. In other words, you will be expected to understand how and when to file the right paperwork, respond to motions and service, and how to comport yourself in court. There is no way that an internet forum could possibly guide you effectively.

A defamation suit may require some form of actual damage. Can you articulate, specifically, what damages you have incurred as a direct result of some objective lie she has told?

Another problem could be that protective order. Have you gone to court on that, yet? If you have the means to prove that her allegations are baseless, THAT would be the time to present them. If you failed to do so, or are unable to prove that those allegations are baseless, what makes you think you will be able to prove all of the other nebulous accusations to be false?

You have an uphill battle to fight, and it's not an easy one. Proving defamation is generally not as easy as many people seem to think. Merely repeating or stating a falsehood does not necessarily equate to defamation. Having the assistance of an attorney might make all the difference.

Have you at least had a consultation with an attorney to see if they could tell you whether you have a case worth presenting or not?

Hankk

Hi. I have spoken with an attorney and to me it is worth. I do whatever it takes to get my son back and I will fight until I die or run out of money. I am quite experienced in law matters and how to represent myself but I just don't know what form to start with. If I can combine abuse of process, intentional infliction of emotional distress, persecution, defamation all in one motion and what I would call it. I have filed an appeal against the protection order pro se which is currently going. I also filed an appeal against the recent parenting plan ruling.

I feel that I have enough proof to make this a case and I am aware of the risks I am taking. However, I need to do whatever I can do in the hope for my ex-wife to stop trying to harm me and to let me have my son back. The entire legal proceedings have been based on false allegations she made and since have echoed through the court and the community and built up on each other but all without basis. Thank you

CdwJava

What you FEEL is compelling evidence may not be so. If you are so "experienced" at legal issues and you "know how to represent yourself," then how did you lose the protection order and parenting plan if this evidence was so compelling?

You are free to do whatever you want to do. I suspect that most of us will agree that you are over your head as you will be trying to prove things that can be exceedingly difficult to prove, but, it's your time and money.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As you have been told elsewhere, no one on this or any other message board is going to risk a charge of practicing law without a license by taking you step by step through the process. I am not aware of any attorneys licensed in the state of Washington who post here, and even if there were, they would be taking a great risk by doing what you demand without a consultation.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Hi. I have spoken with an attorney and to me it is worth. I do whatever it takes to get my son back and I will fight until I die or run out of money. I am quite experienced in law matters and how to represent myself but I just don't know what form to start with. If I can combine abuse of process, intentional infliction of emotional distress, persecution, defamation all in one motion and what I would call it. I have filed an appeal against the protection order pro se which is currently going. I also filed an appeal against the recent parenting plan ruling.

I feel that I have enough proof to make this a case and I am aware of the risks I am taking. However, I need to do whatever I can do in the hope for my ex-wife to stop trying to harm me and to let me have my son back. The entire legal proceedings have been based on false allegations she made and since have echoed through the court and the community and built up on each other but all without basis. Thank you
Please excuse my bluntness but you cannot afford to NOT have an attorney. You say that you're quite experienced in "law matters" (whatever those are), but you show no evidence of that whatsoever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">