• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sadhika7

I rented with option to purchase in New York State this summer. A deposit was put on the rental but not on the purchase. A week into the rental I knew that I could not purchase it and I informed my landlord (who had moved to Hawaii)that she should find another buyer. Aug 1 she told me she had a buyer who would purchase Sept 1 and asked me if I could stay until then.I agreed to stay. September 1 comes around and I call to tell her where to send the security deposit and she tells me she's not giving it back because she was under the impression that I was definitely purchasing and she didn't "feel" she should give my money back to me. !?!?!
SO what I need to now is how and where do I go about sueing her? She is staying at a friends house for a few weeks in NY but then going back to Hawaii, and the only address I have for her is in England. Please, any advice would be helpful, I am inexperienced in these matters. Thank You, Happy Holidays!

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

I'm admitted to practice law in New York State. I'll be happy to sue her for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">