• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I transfer liability back to neighbor for tree?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

If the only way you are able to relieve your anxiety over this tree is to see an attorney, the $500 for the attorney's advice probably will be money well spent.

Good luck.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, as it stands now, he has already basically told me the new owner is responsible for the tree, and the only claim that anyone could have against ME is the new owner, for not disclosing the situation to them. The neighbor has nothing on me at this point apparently. He can take the issue up with the new owner, as any reasonable person would do. I know I would.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Again, just because someone sends me a notice with a piece of paper claiming that some guy with six months experience from 120 miles away said XYZ, doesn't mean it's 100% known. Critical thinking dictates a second opinion, as another astute poster here has also noted, he received two different opinions from two different arborists. Heck, I had4 different opinions on the condition of the house from four different home inspectors when selling the house! These are people who get a mere two weeks of training to do their jobs....just because one says XYZ doesn't make it so.
You said that an attorney notified you by certified mail. As to second opinions - you didn't bother.

Second, yes, I filled out the disclosure form long before any of this happened. It is dated months prior to any of this.
Then my prior statement was incorrect (but was based on the false time-line implied by you). If you received the notice after the disclosure form was completed, then you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

You said that an attorney notified you by certified mail. As to second opinions - you didn't bother.

Then my prior statement was incorrect (but was based on the false time-line implied by you). If you received the notice after the disclosure form was completed, then you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

You seem to really struggle with reading comprehension. I said the neighbor sent me a certified mail letter. Also I have REPEATEDLY said that I tried to get a second opinion before I sold the house but couldn't get an appointment in time, I've literally said that SEVERAL times now. If you struggle this much with basic reading comprehension your advice is extremely suspect. Welcome to the ignore list.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You seem to really struggle with reading comprehension. I said the neighbor sent me a certified mail letter. Also I have REPEATEDLY said that I tried to get a second opinion before I sold the house but couldn't get an appointment in time, I've literally said that SEVERAL times now. If you struggle this much with basic reading comprehension your advice is extremely suspect. Welcome to the ignore list.
Yes, I was mistaken. It's all moot now, since you've clarified the timeline.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">