• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do we get her to cooperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.




my husband found out that he was the father of twins when they were 15 months old. since then we have been a large part of their lives, sharing the time with them 50-50. after going to court with the parenting plan that the mother and my husband agreed on it was found that no child-support was due. then their mother took us to court 3 different times because her lawyer kept filing wrong to get the motion denied. this cost our families all that they had. she just recently got separated from her husband, who cancelled the lawyer right after they filed a motion to reconsider and get our visitation cut to one night a week and everyother weekend. But now she keeps putting off putting together another plan, with her work schedule we would have the children 5 out of the 7 nights. How can we get her to work out a new one that would be legally binding? and can we use our lawyer even if she doesn't have one? All we have done is work around her life and schedule and all she does is lie and take us to court. please help us


Senior Member
quit pampering to her wants and needs.

you have a lawyer. use him. file the motion for a modification due to the change of circumstances. you now have the children the majority of the time.

she will either get a lawyer to represent her and get it straightened out through the courts. or she will be a no show and you will have a legal binding agreement anyway.

either way, you get a binding agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential