• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you find a life policy by name of insured?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

char2e

My Mother told my sister she had 4 life insurance policies naming each of the four sibblings as beneficiary on a policy. My mother now suffers from Alzheimers so there is no getting any information from her. When we recently relocated her, I only found one policy. Is there a way to find out by the insured persons information if there are other policies in other Insurance Companys under her name? Is there some sort of Insurance Company wide database for missing policies or just a look up by the insured persons information??
I would appreciate any information you could give me. My internet research has not turned up much useful information.
Thank you for your time.
Char2e from New Mexico

Betty

char2e said:
My Mother told my sister she had 4 life insurance policies naming each of the four sibblings as beneficiary on a policy. My mother now suffers from Alzheimers so there is no getting any information from her. When we recently relocated her, I only found one policy. Is there a way to find out by the insured persons information if there are other policies in other Insurance Companys under her name? Is there some sort of Insurance Company wide database for missing policies or just a look up by the insured persons information??
I would appreciate any information you could give me. My internet research has not turned up much useful information.
Thank you for your time.
Char2e from New Mexico
I assume the policy that was found just had one bene listed on it & not all four of you -- in other words there should be, as far as you know, four policies with one bene on each. Is there reason to believe the other policies were not issued by the same co. that issued the one you found or did you already check on this? You can check address books for possible names of ins. cos./ins. agts., did/does she have any other ins. policies such as a homeowners policy where the same co./agt. might be the same one for the life ins. policies, did you check for any prem. notices, dividends statements, etc. from an ins. co. , check tax returns for any possible interest income from an ins. co. The policies could have been turned in for their cash value (though only permanent policies would have a cash value - not if they were term) - they might just have lapsed without any value or lapsed with a cash value still available if not already pd. to your mother. (Cash value can also be used to buy reduced paid-up ins. or extended term ins. for original face amt.) The MIB has a web site where for a charge they will look for inquiries to them on individual policies which were underwritten in the past 11 years (note last 11 yrs. only) http://www.mib.com/html/lost-life-insurance.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">