• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you get CS after a hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fatherof4

What is the name of your state? MS

The original order was in AZ for custody and child support. Mississippi now has jurisdiction for the custody hearing. If I am
correct AZ still does the child support even though no one has to pay right now.

My question is when MS gives my custody of my son (I am very hopeful) and orders her to pay CS how does this work? How does MS make AZ do the CS?

Thank you in advance.
Nicholas

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That could be. I was going on the assumption based on the info you provided that the original order was out of AZ, but noone lives there anymore and MS has taken jurisdiction. More details would get you better info.

Fatherof4

Yes, original order was in AZ but she still lives there. MS took jurisdiction last month because my son and I live here now. I have posted before with the whole story but an unsure of how to put it on here.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Aaaah.... it surprises me that MS took jurisdiction for custody, but that's moot. AZ will likely retain jurisdiction for CS since she still lives there.

Fatherof4

She has not seen him in 16 months. Probably 5 phone calls altogether and a few e-mails a month. Didn't show up for the hearing just called and said she couldn't come. Custody was joint with her having primary legal. I now have temp custody. I think you're right that AZ still does CS. I'm just wondering what I have to do in all of it. What am I going to have to do after the order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">