• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you report FCPA violations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlw100

What is the name of your state? DE

Who do I contact to report FCPA violations?

I have a company trying to charge me for fees that Mastercard International Charged them when I disputed a charge. According to Mastercard International, a merchant can not charge a consumer for fees imposed by mastercard.

Before filing my dispute with the cc company I did try to resolve my issue with the merchant, but was blown off. My only recourse was to dispute via my cc company.

bigun

You mean the FDCPA and, that will not help you. That law regulates the actions of 3rd party collectors.
File a complaint with MasterCard. They can enforce the merchant agreement between themselves and the vendor.

J

jlw100

I already filed a complaint with Mastercard international. The merchant has stated that they do not care what Mastercard International rules are, and are turning me over to collections (over a invoice I just received on Saturday).

bigun

Have you filed a written complaint with MC? They'll care if MC pulls their merchant agreement.
File a complaint with your state AG. They all have consumer protection units.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">