• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do you spell relief?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fritzg

Employee and I parted company on bad terms. Three months previous I sold him my 4x4 w/plow for $3500. I took a note for the balance of $2500 at $200 per month for 13 mos. I have a legal bill of sale, payment schedule, security agreement and promissory note all of which are signed and notarized at the title bureau. I also possess a lien and the original title. He has made 9 payments, 5 of which were at least 20 days late. He has not made a payment in 3 mos. and did not fulfill the terms of the security agreement by providing me with a insurance policy listing me as loss payee. All efforts to contact him were not returned. I contacted a lawyer and was promptly told to go to small claims because it would cost 3x what he owed me to file a civil suit in muny court. I've been to small claims several times and it does not provide me with the relief I want. I would like to go to court and have them issue a court order to collect or repo the truck now! I don't want this to drag out forever all to no avail. I think he can acquire tags here in ohio with only a memo title so he could care less! What do you suggest? Right now he has put me through more grief and agony than he'll ever be worth. I'd like to legally dish out a little of my own!

H

hannah jo

You have been to Small Claims several times - over this???? And did not get the results you wanted???? But did you get the results that were justified under the law?

The amount of money you are owed would be costly for you to recover through an attorney - you can decide if it is worth it or not. Time is important here - so you need to take action.

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

F

fritzg

I am sorry this was misleading. I have been to small claims on many other matters and it is always the same story. I then have to refile some type of paper work, it seems that small claims is just a judgement, it is not a court order to do anything. How do banks just repo your car? I thought all the paperwork I had protected me in some way from getting screwed. Can I file a civil suit without an attorney? I just don't see this as a $150 an hour problem. The forms are probably just some boilerplate in someones computer program and it's fill in the blanks and pay the $63 to file. Thanks for your response! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hannah jo:
You have been to Small Claims several times - over this???? And did not get the results you wanted???? But did you get the results that were justified under the law?

The amount of money you are owed would be costly for you to recover through an attorney - you can decide if it is worth it or not. Time is important here - so you need to take action.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">