• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how does a scared woman leave?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gigiadvice

My friend is very scared to leave her very emotionally abusive husband in NYC. He has chipped away at her self-esteem and has kept her in a mental jail. He doesn't hit her, but has pointed his gun in her direction once (he happens to be a "peace" officer). They have 4 children ages 6 - 12. I offered her monetary help and any family members she has are at least an hour away. Her husband has a brother who is in the police force so she thinks that her husband knows the law (so he says).
What process should she go through to leave this bum? Where does she go? Or does she make him leave. She is at the point where she wants him to hit her and leave a bruise so she could call the police for them to see "proof" of abuse.
Please help!

LegalBeagle

gigiadvice said:
My friend is very scared to leave her very emotionally abusive husband in NYC. He has chipped away at her self-esteem and has kept her in a mental jail. He doesn't hit her, but has pointed his gun in her direction once (he happens to be a "peace" officer). They have 4 children ages 6 - 12. I offered her monetary help and any family members she has are at least an hour away. Her husband has a brother who is in the police force so she thinks that her husband knows the law (so he says).
What process should she go through to leave this bum? Where does she go? Or does she make him leave. She is at the point where she wants him to hit her and leave a bruise so she could call the police for them to see "proof" of abuse.
Please help!
She grabs the children and run to the nearest Womans Shelter. They will then advise her what else to do.

N

NGREEN

IF YOU LEAVE MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE IMPORTANT STUFF WITH YOU I.E. SOC. SEC CARDS, MEDICINCES, ETC...PLUS I HAD A REAL VINDICATIVE HUSBAND..WITH THIS BEING THE CASE I MADE SURE I HAD GOTTEN A STOARGE ROOM AND PUT SOME OF MY MOST PRIZED POSSESIONS IN IT BEFORE TAKING OFF. IF I DIDNT I WOULDVE COME BACK TO NOTHING........ALSO I HOPE YOU HAVE A SAVINGS ACCT?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">