• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how does it work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knorris

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Arkansas.
Is it possible to file on only medical bills. I have no clue how BK works and because I have a terminal Illness have very high medical bills with no end in sight. my parents keep telling me that I should file Bk on just the midical bills. is this possible and if I did do this wouldn't it still affect me the same as if I had filed on all my bill's.
Thankyou. Kathie

bigun

First of all, my condolences regarding your health problems. You can't just bk medical bills. You must include all of your creditors.

There is no delicate way to put this but, why are your parents suggesting you file bk if your condition is this extreme? They are not liable for your bills unles they cosign. If they cosigned, your bk won't help. The hospitals, etc. would just turn there attention to the cosigner.

K

knorris

thank's for clearing this up.

bigun said:
First of all, my condolences regarding your health problems. You can't just bk medical bills. You must include all of your creditors.

There is no delicate way to put this but, why are your parents suggesting you file bk if your condition is this extreme? They are not liable for your bills unles they cosign. If they cosigned, your bk won't help. The hospitals, etc. would just turn there attention to the cosigner.
now I can tell them they were misinformed. they feel that the strees i suffer over paying on each of my bills every month would be lighter if I could just get rid of some of the debt. you hit it right on the head also about why they would even suggest this when I already have horrible stress and guilt over what my husband and children have had to also go through because of my cancer. I know they have only good intentions. but as I have told them we are handling everything. we have payment arrangements with all our debtors and make sure the payments are never late. they have never cosigned for anything of our's. I guess their trying to do good with the suggestion but fail to see what their really doing is causing me more stress. now though I can tell them it is not possible to file without filing on all debts and maybe that will make them understand. I'm not considering filing just wanted to know what the truth was so I could pass it on to them. thank you so much for clearing it up. Kathie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">