• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does one Dad get away with so much?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karpenic

What is the name of your state? New York, My childrens Dad live in Texas. My thing is my children are 11,b, 9g, there father is now expecting another child with his wife. What i can understand from her is that they have applied for Medicaid in Texas, which I know to be able to apply for assitance you need some kind of income. Which he has reported to New Yourk State Child Surpport that he has no job and pays $50.00 a month for my two babys, he also owes here in NY for half medical expenses threw NY Medicaid for our daughter, which he left NY because of dedt. Student loans ,medical bills he is also affarid I would go for more child surpport. So he works off the books threw EBAY . So again hes getting away with not help raising this children and now bringing another into the world. My thing is can I find out how much he has claimed as income to try and recieve Medicaid in Texas, they I want to know about going after him for my due child surport. hes paid $50.oo for 10 yrs now for 2 kids!!!!!!!!Wasnt he surpose to report any changes in his income to NY child surpport Unit everything is in a court order. Can anyone direct me????

BL

If you have proof his income has increased. notify the court yourself. One has 10 days of the change to notify.
It would be considered contempt .

Whyte Noise

karpenic said:
What i can understand from her is that they have applied for Medicaid in Texas, which I know to be able to apply for assitance you need some kind of income.
This is not correct.

In order to receive TANF (welfare check) you either have to be employed, looking for a job, in an education program, or be in one of their "Work for Welfare" programs where you basically work at a place of THEIR chosing a minimum number of hours a week.

However, for Medicaid and Food Stamps you do NOT have to have an income or be working. You DO however, have to be UNDER a certain income level depending on your family size in order to get approved for benefits.

The only "legal" way you'll be able to find out his income is if you ask him. He probably won't tell you though. Or, if you knew where he was working, you could probably find out.

The DFACS office will not give you that information though, and neither will the IRS, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">