• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does one file a quiet claim deed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Missouri

About 12 yrs ago my mother-in-law passed away. She had no will. Nothing went through probate. (we were all pretty ignorant of the law and didn't really know what to do) Anyway, since my husband had co-signed with her on a morgage for the house she was in, we continued to pay the morgage until it was paid off. The house was built on property that had already been paid for. We have continued to pay the taxes on the property, keep it up, and we have some renters in the house now. All the money from rent has been put in a separate account and we use it for the upkeep. He has 7 bro and sis living as well as children from the 4 who are gone. We figure we need to do something as we have a lot of time and money tied up in the property. Is there a way to do a quiet claim deed whereby the property is able to be put in our name? How do we go about doing that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential