• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How is it that someone can evict me without them being the owner?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Right. So not fight for rights, just let them do as they please with no proof of authority of the home. Thanks for the advice.
THE ONLY RIGHTS YOU HAVE ARE THAT OF A MONTH-TO-MONTH TENANT. That's it. Even if they aren't the owners. Even if Mom doesn't like you. Even if the house is owned by the Pope himself. Even if.

xylene

I don't understand why you wish to stay in a situation where you are neck deep in drama.

The issues with the home's title have nothing to with the right of your landlord to end your tenancy.

FarmerJ

So called month to month oral rental agreements were common for many years (years ago) One way to establish month to month rental is to be told how much the rent is then to pay it , and keep paying it SO that is one way to show that a month to month rental agreement exist. SO what applied to you since you also applies to them, written lease or no written lease it doesn't matter you had a tenancy and so do they and if the person they rented from wanted more control /rules in place with the master tenants ( the people you paid rent to ) then the owner of record would have either made them sign a written lease OR sent them notices to tell them of the change ( things like say increasing the rent or forbidding dogs ) SO the only thing that counts as far as your concerned would be did the notice they gave to you meet your states laws for notices to tenants who don't have a written lease but instead are at will , month to month tenants. Unless something has changed last I knew Florida was 15 days written notice , its up to you to go to your states landlord tenant pages to learn If Im wrong and if you didn't get proper notice all that does if you push back hard enough could be the person you paid rent to turning the volume up with a higher frequency of socially inapropriate behavior. SO if they gave you a improper notice you could accept it , or tell them `state law says im entitled to X number oif days notice so I will be gone by (one day before the notice time would have been enough to let them try to take you to court. Take plenty of exit pictures of the room you used and any other spaces you exclusively used after you clean it real good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">