• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How legal is contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bailey06

What is the name of your state? FL
I am 16 wks pregnant and not happy with my job for many reasons. My boss and I have agreed that I should take a leave of absence. He has promised to pay my whole salary until the baby is due Feb 07 and to pay my health insurance until then. He says I have earned it and he will put it in a written contract. It sounds too good to be true to me. I deal with all the company's finances, I think he is afraid I will let out his secrets, that is why he is doing this. My question is this, if he puts this agreement in writing, would it stand up in court if he didn't follow through? Is there a certain format the contract should be in? Does it have to be notarized?What is the name of your state?

bailey06

Probably won't work

My boss basically told me, that this is something he is doing for me, it's not up to me to make any demands, etc. So, I don't think he would sign something from someone other than himself or his attorney, which I'm sure he is working with. ? I just don't trust him, would his contract be legal? He also said that he would be paying me my salary out of a separate account (not within the company)

BelizeBreeze

bailey06 said:
My boss basically told me, that this is something he is doing for me, it's not up to me to make any demands, etc. So, I don't think he would sign something from someone other than himself or his attorney, which I'm sure he is working with. ? I just don't trust him, would his contract be legal? He also said that he would be paying me my salary out of a separate account (not within the company)
so you think I'm going to give you a yes or no without even reading the contract? Either tell him you want your OWN attorney to draft the agreement or take his chances that you MIGHT remember something when speaking with your brother-in-law the U.S. Attorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">