• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How likely will they wait?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajzodiac

What is the name of your state? CA.
I’ve always wondered these. I read people have up to one year to report a misdemeanor and three to six years to report a felony. If someone has proof of you commiting the act (eg a theft caught on a phone but no store camera) and you can be tracked down relatively easy,
a)how likely is it the person will tell the police/call 911 right away?
b)What’s the likelihood they’ll wait that long to show the proof to try and trick someone into thinking the thief (in this case) is ok only to try to get them when they least expect it?
c)what would be the answer for b for a misdemeanor? What about a felony?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Same answer as the other forum.

Yours is a hypothetical with no possible accurate answer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is no way that anyone can give any type of accurate answer to your questions. They are unanswerable.

There is no way that a human can know what another human will do. This is particularly true in hypothetical situations.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I will give you the same answer I gave you on the other forum.

The numerical chance that someone will report a crime right away instead of waiting is between zero and 100%.

zddoodah

I don't see an original post here, but assuming this is the same thing you posted at another site, my answer there applies: "it is utterly impossible to predict intelligently how likely it is that a hypothetical individual will or won't do something."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">