• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOW LONG CAN ONE WAIT TO FILE PERSONAL INJURY ACCIDENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BAVERY11

LAST JULY I WAS INVOLVED IN A LOST TIME INJURY,THEY PUT ME ON COMP FOR 141/2 WKS.THE INJURY WAS TO MY (R)WRIST, WHERE I SUFFERD A 7% LOSS,I ENDED UP SETTLING WITH COMP, AND MY QUESTION IS, THERE WERE THREE COMPANIES INVOLVED,THE COMPANY I WAS WORKING FOR, THE PLACE I WAS WORKING AND THE COMPANY THAT LEFT THE HAZZARD,RESULTING IN INJURY,DO I HAVE A PERSONAL INJURY CASE ? PLEASE RESPOND, THANKYOU

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAVERY11:
LAST JULY I WAS INVOLVED IN A LOST TIME INJURY,THEY PUT ME ON COMP FOR 141/2 WKS.THE INJURY WAS TO MY (R)WRIST, WHERE I SUFFERD A 7% LOSS,I ENDED UP SETTLING WITH COMP, AND MY QUESTION IS, THERE WERE THREE COMPANIES INVOLVED,THE COMPANY I WAS WORKING FOR, THE PLACE I WAS WORKING AND THE COMPANY THAT LEFT THE HAZZARD,RESULTING IN INJURY,DO I HAVE A PERSONAL INJURY CASE ? PLEASE RESPOND, THANKYOU <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I am surprised that your attorney failed to file "third party" actions against the two other potential tortfeasors. This could have been done at the same time your Worker's Compensation Claim was filed. Well, the sum and substance of this error was lost time, up to this point.

However, you left out the most important part from your post; and that is, what State did this incident occur? You see, each State has its own laws, and Statutes of Limitations periods. So, for the sake of an answer, I'll assume your State has a ONE YEAR limitations period on personal injuries.

If the injury occurred in July, you only have a few more months to file a formal complaint in a court of competent jurisdiction.

Good luck.

IAAL

P.S. In the world of the Internet, capitol letters mean you are yelling at someone, or emphasizing something, which might, at most, be one or two words. Could you please take your "cap lock" off?

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

B

BAVERY11

Thank you for your quick reply,I reside in Ill. this accident happen on a union job and I settled with work-comp, I never talked with an attorney about taking it any further, do I have anything here or is it a waste of time ,please advise

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAVERY11:
Thank you for your quick reply,I reside in Ill. this accident happen on a union job and I settled with work-comp, I never talked with an attorney about taking it any further, do I have anything here or is it a waste of time ,please advise <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I think you have the "makings" of a good claim against the others. Ask yourself: But for their negligence, would you have been injured? For specifics, I think you should at least check it out with a personal injury attorney near you. Good luck.

IAAL

P.S. And thanks for turning cap lock off.

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">