• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I wait to be paid commission?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davilalinda

What is the name of your state?TX
My pay is based on salary plus commission. Commission is paid once corporate receives the invoice and proof of purchase. The operations manager we HAD quit and we came to realize she was taking the cash from all the cash sales. No paperwork ever made it to corporate. They said my commission would still be paid to me, but it's been more than three months on some commissions and up to 6 on others. How long do I need to wait for the commission before taking further action? I keep asking when they will pay it to me, but I feel I'm being pushed away. If I file a complaint with the Texas Department of Labor or EEOC I am afraid they will begin to harrass me or fire me. If they do, what can I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The EEOC would have nothing to do with this issue unless you have reason to believe that they are deliberately withholding commission BECAUSE OF your race, gender and so on. The EEOC deals exclusively with discrimination issues and does not get involved with wage issues.

Depending on your state, the DOL may or may not involve itself with commission issues. Some do, some don't. You can certainly call them, describe the situation, and ask their advice.

It is illegal to fire you or take adverse action against you because you filed a complaint with the DOL (or the EEOC, for that matter).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">