• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long is the statutory period for the defendant to file an Answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cogirlinva

Virginia Beach, VA. I am helping my friend file for divorce. It is completely uncontested. We have completed and entered the Complaint. How long is the statutory period for the defendant to file an Answer, (the period we need to wait to filed the Final Divorce Decree)? Please and Thank you for replying :)

latigo

Virginia Beach, VA. I am helping my friend file for divorce. It is completely uncontested. We have completed and entered the Complaint. [sic]How long is the statutory period for the defendant to file an Answer, (the period we need to wait to filed [sic] the Final Divorce Decree)? Please and Thank you for replying.
If you are not licensed to practice law in the Common Wealth of Virginia - and its patently clear that you are not - you are guilty of committing a crime! *

[*] Any person who practices law without being authorized or licensed shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. .
Code of Virginia § 54.1-3904.

" One is deemed to be practicing law whenever he furnishes to another advice or service under circumstances which imply his possession and use of legal knowledge or skill." (Virginia State Bar Professional Guidelines)

HRZ

OP....as above , you are on wrong side of law to be assisting in legal matters .

There are several on line articles which address the VA specific points ...the other person in your " we" is free to looks up and use same as a guide .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">