• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long should I wait to have a check reissued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ktty

What is the name of your state? california. I was awarded a fellowhsip with in November of 2001. I was not sure if I was going to keep the money because one of the conditions was that I must not obtain employment until I fully completed a teaching credential program. After I signed the agreemen I still waited. I guess I waited too long because the check had had gone stale. I was not valid after six months and when I wanted to cash it it had just been 6 months. I notified the agency in april and they told me it would be no problem. Just send in the check and they will reissue another in approx 2-3 weeks. I checked in after 4 weeks and they told me it would take another 2 weeks. Well 6 months later I have no check and the person taking care of my issue said, "what is your problem, you waited all that time before what is your hurry now?" Of course now I want to know if there is anything I can do legally. I have all the correspondence on record and the copy of the check. Please help!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">