• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redhead2

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

This is a free advice forum right?? so hopefully i can get some advice with my situation. Now I am going to explain this pretty clear so if 75 people look at it at least someone should have advice.

My father died in april of this year. He didnt own much. A truck a two bedroom house and thats about it. He was only in debt with a few credit cards (only about $ 3, 000) and he took out a second mortgage of 13,000. He was not married and he only had two children, my sister and I. No one on his side of his family gives a damn about him or has offered and help. They only pretended to care when we met up with the funeral director and we came down to the house to clean. They just wanted to see if he had anything they could take (how nice of them....). My fiance and our two children with one on the way have moved into the house while it is bieng up for sale just to keep things looking good mow the lawn etcetera.....now my cousin from my dad's side is closing on the house on the 23rd of this month. My sister is the Executor of the esate, and sadly she hasnt done anything. She is very lazy..as far as im concerned i should get paid her fee for bieng the executor..anyways not to get off track....the only question i have for anyone out there is this : My dad's house is selling for 58,000....he has a 13,000 second mortgage , and ofcourse the lawyer fee and funeral fee with 2 credit cards...the rest we split. This shouldnt take more than a day to pay these bills..I am wondering can i get my half of the remainder as soon as the bills are paid? like that day?? I know this sounds greedy but our situation is not good at the moment and we need this money to move. please someone answer this post...my fiance tried to post earlier....74 people looked at it and only 1 response.... thank-you..

althabits

"shakes head"

Well I am not an attorney but getting your portion that same day doesnt sound realistic. You need to call your local courts to find out what sort of time frame the executor has to complete his or her duties. I would be looking for alternative solutions to your problem.

jimmy1

Tact?

HEY, lets hold on a second! If someone has a post that needs a reply dont be condisending towards them. Insulting ones intelligence only lowers the one who insults. The question queried by this person is can she be given her portion quickly. She is aware that getting it may take "some" time, but it should not take anywhere near 90 days. That is ridiculous!! Remember, this is an advice posting, not a place to make oneself "appear" better, or "come of as" a person of higher education.
Thank you. :)

althabits

wait a minute

That wasnt my intent. She stated the executor was lazy and dragging their feet. I just stated that given that circumstance I didnt think it was realistic to expect a distribution that same day. I would think the executor had to answer to the time frame set by the state to complete their duties. Do you think she should expect that to happen that same day ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">