• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashlee91977

What is the name of your state? CA

How long can the county legally take to modify a support order if one parent lost their job and was forced to take a lower paying one and the order that is in question is over half of his current income? Where can I find a support calculator to get an estimate on what should be paid vs what is being paid? TIA

De iure

What is the name of your state? CA

How long can the county legally take to modify a support order if one parent lost their job and was forced to take a lower paying one and the order that is in question is over half of his current income? Where can I find a support calculator to get an estimate on what should be paid vs what is being paid? TIA
How long ? Depends on how busy the area courts are . What's the reason for the job loss ? It can effect the modification . You can find a CA CS calculator here :

http://www.childsup.ca.gov/calculator/

CourtClerk

You're assuming information that was not provided .
No, I'm assuming I've worked for both Child Support Services and the courthouse where the hearings are held. Albeit in LA County, but CSSD regulations are CSSD regulations no matter what county (her question asks about the county) ... and the courts... well, they are the courts. None of them (to my knowledge) have greater than a 6 month backlog to get a motion into court.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">