• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much is appropriate to ask for auto accident settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyhawke

I live in Frederick County, Maryland. My 7 year old daughter & I were rear-ended while stopped at a red light on a Monday night. We went via ambulance to the ER. My daughter was complaining of a headache & neck pain immediately. My teeth clanked together on impact and I also had the headache & neck / upper back pain immediately. The ER doctor cleared my daughter (she was fine). The ER doctor said I lost the curvature in my cervical spine, issued medicine, & advised me to rest & see my doctor on Thursday. I was off work until the following Monday. I attempted to return to work on Monday & Tuesday with the neck brace issued. By the end of Tuesday, I was in even more pain & spent Tuesday night with my back in complete muscle spasm regardless of muscle relaxants & anti-inflamatories. I went back to the doctor on Wednesday. We decided that physical therapy would be necessary and that I should be out of work until PT was complete. That should last about a month or so. I really don't want to get a lawyer involved. I would like to settle with the other insurance company on my own. I would just like to know what is normally included in the settlement calculation. What is a fair amount? I know that my insurance has $2500 PIP coverage that they will get back from the other ins company. However, w/lost wages, medical bills, etc., I will probably have to put some of this on my health insurance. If I settle, will I have to pay the health insurance company back for what they paid? Thank you for any help that you can give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">