• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much jail time does does collusion carry?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HotelSwatTeam

How much jail does does collusion carry if found guilty of it?

Is collusion only a federal crime or also a state crime?

Thanks.

quincy

Collusion itself is part of the federal antitrust laws. When competing companies secretly work on an agreement together that will illegally increase their profits, for example, that is collusion.

When you hear people speaking of collusion recently, however, they are generally using the word as a catchall term that covers an assortment of crimes (conspiracy, bribery, fraud, espionage ...).

A prison sentence depends on the crime or crimes committed.

HotelSwatTeam

Collusion itself is part of the federal antitrust laws. When competing companies secretly work on an agreement together that will illegally increase their profits, for example, that is collusion.

When you hear people speaking of collusion recently, however, they are generally using the word as a catchall term that covers an assortment of crimes (conspiracy, bribery, fraud, espionage ...).

A prison sentence depends on the crime or crimes committed.
Sound like collusion by itself is not a crime making a lot of what you hear on the News completely fake and manufactured.

Unless it involved some illegal action but then it would be called a conspiracy right?

I do know of cases that 2 business people who did collude to merge their companies unofficial and leave all the creditors and even employees without getting paid. Perhaps this might be more civil litigation and not criminal?

quincy

Sound like collusion by itself is not a crime making a lot of what you hear on the News completely fake and manufactured.

Unless it involved some illegal action but then it would be called a conspiracy right?

I do know of cases that 2 business people who did collude to merge their companies unofficial and leave all the creditors and even employees without getting paid. Perhaps this might be more civil litigation and not criminal?
Collusion is a crime under the federal antitrust laws. And collusion is a term that is used when speaking of several other crimes.

The definition of collusion is "a secret agreement or cooperation, especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose" or "an agreement between two or more persons to defraud a person of his rights by the forms of law, or to obtain an object forbidden by law."

Last edited:

HotelSwatTeam

Collusion is a crime under the federal antitrust laws. And collusion is a term that is used when speaking of several other crimes.
If there was crime involved with collusion, then its a conspiracy. Its talked about in the news not under any antitrust situation.

In my situation, how can I translate my knowledge of the 2 companies which had a secret merger into settlement money?

This situation I actually do have real damages however can I also perhaps look into a whistle blower situation on Anti-Trust federal law?

These 2 companies are not like cornering the market with a monopoly or anything however they do have sales in the millions.

Perhaps merging the companies without approval might have still violated some laws. Just like even if someone does not owe any tax, it still might be a crime not to file a tax return.

Are there whistleblower money for anti-trust secret mergers by 2 CEO colluding?

Thanks.

quincy

If there was crime involved with collusion, then its a conspiracy. Its talked about in the news not under any antitrust situation.

In my situation, how can I translate my knowledge of the 2 companies which had a secret merger into settlement money?

This situation I actually do have real damages however can I also perhaps look into a whistle blower situation on Anti-Trust federal law?

These 2 companies are not like cornering the market with a monopoly or anything however they do have sales in the millions.

Perhaps merging the companies without approval might have still violated some laws. Just like even if someone does not owe any tax, it still might be a crime not to file a tax return.

Are there whistleblower money for anti-trust secret mergers by 2 CEO colluding?

Thanks.
You will want to discuss the particulars of your situation with an attorney in your area. It appears too complex for an Internet forum. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">