• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much SSI can you keep if living in RCFE assisted living facility?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California

I am living in a RCFE in California, an assisted living facility. I am currently getting to keep about $130 of my monthly income and the rest of my income is paid to the facility for rent.

If i start getting SSI, will i be able to keep the entire ssi amount i get, or will i only be able to keep $134 of the SSI amount so that the total amount i keep would be about $264?

Janke

What is your other income source, how much is it and how much does the facility charge each month? California pays a hefty state supp amount for SSI recipients in licensed facilities, but how much the facility charges is not determined by SSI.

I found out the answer from the organization that is subsidizing my rent. No matter what my income is i get to keep $134 and the rest of my income wil be paid to the assisted living facility for rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">