• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much time do i have after Sherriff Sale?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

In_a_mess

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok, i am sure this question as come up before, i searched through some of the threads to seek the answer before asking the question, and i couldn't find any specific info.

Ok, BK was discharged and the house was included. Foreclosure process has begun, just waiting for the notice of the Sherriff sale. Ok, what i want to know, is how much time do i have to stay here once the sale has been done. I have heard (i repeat heard) that i can delay that process by forcing them to go through the eviction process, which would buy me more time. Can someone please give me a clearer answer about this? I tried to ask my attny, but they are never in their office, and they haven't returned my calls. I don't know why, i am assuming that because the BK is done, their job is done.
Thank you

seniorjudge

Q: I have heard (i repeat heard) that i can delay that process by forcing them to go through the eviction process, which would buy me more time.

A: True; the sheriff will be out there to put your stuff and you on the street and then you will owe even more money.

In_a_mess

seniorjudge said:
Q: I have heard (i repeat heard) that i can delay that process by forcing them to go through the eviction process, which would buy me more time.

A: True; the sheriff will be out there to put your stuff and you on the street and then you will owe even more money.

A simple yes or no that is not true would have been sufficient. Thanks

6-9 months depending on lender & state

You cannot delay the inevitable. You have 6-9 months of redemption until the sherrif will physically remove you. If the house is vacant, the redemption period ends and your redemption is expired/ over.
Move on... good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

In_a_mess

BriantheBanker said:
You cannot delay the inevitable. You have 6-9 months of redemption until the sherrif will physically remove you. If the house is vacant, the redemption period ends and your redemption is expired/ over.
Move on... good luck

BrianFlorian.com
Okay, so when does the redemption period begin? Does it begin when the foreclosure is started? Or from the date of the relief of stay? The only reason i want to know is because winter is coming, and i want to stay here as long as i can cause i don't have anywhere to move just yet.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">