• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much to ask in Buy-out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazyinkc

What is the name of your state?Kansas

I have posted about this before but now my landlord dropped off a 45 day notice saying we have until September 30th to vacate. I called him and told him I was aware of my rights and could stay until the end of the lease but I did not want to be a squater. The LL sold the property to a family where the parents live on one side and the daughter and son-in-law will live in the other. What I am asking is what should I expect to get in the buy-out? My rent is $800 a month with an $825 deposit. The LL is coming over at 11am Saturday to talk over the buy-out. I am looking for money to cover movers, deposits and some compensation for having to move. I am hoping someone has gone through this on one end or the other. Please respond and thanks for all the good advise so far.

longneck

most people reporting settlement here have settled for either two or three months of rent plus a full refund of the security deposit with no deductions; or pro-rated rent plus moving and relocation costs.

crazyinkc

Thanks Longneck. I was thinking around $2500 to $3000 cash (which would include my deposit) so I guess I hope the LL thinks the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">