• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should I handle getting my safe (which contains an inherited handgun) back from police “safekeeping?”

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Baboon

Hey all! I’ll be doing some attorney consults before deciding to even seek return of my safe. With no prior registry on them, I’m not even eligible to have them returned so I won’t even try. It’s possible they broke it open but doubtful since firearms weren’t an issue in what led to being arrested. They just had to get them based on the nature of the situation.

My girlfriend isn’t able to visit again until next year and she didn’t go for any restraining orders on me. In fact she was so upset when they told her she couldn’t see me the following week that she made a suicide threat on the phone with the station and ended up on psych hold for two days.

I should also mention that I have no prior record and never had any legal issues before at 41 yrs old.

Would anyone here know if my head injury in jail and hospitalization that prevented them from arraigning me would have been a factor in my release? I mean the deputy said it doesn’t look like you’re going to make your arraignment. Then soon after they told me I’m being released tomorrow.

Baboon

Oh yeah, my seized property is listed for safekeeping and not evidence.

The nature of my injury was slipping on the bunk bed ladder and falling backward, hitting my head on something and I was immediately unconscious.. there’s no memory of what happened. Four staples were placed in my head to close the wound and shortly after I went into seizures then I was admitted to the hospital in the PCU. I was in protective custody at the time.. just some extra info

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">