• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How soon will I get my work permit ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sircellus

What is the name of your state? MO
I applied for my change of status about 6weeks ago and they wrote me back requiring a medical which is set up for 40 days away the next best appointment date.I would like to know since I GOT MARRIED AND FILLED MY I-130,I-864,I485 AND I765 would I be able to get my work permit befor my I-485 is approved cause I really need to work?

HappyHusband

sircellus said:
would I be able to get my work permit befor my I-485 is approved cause I really need to work?
You should be able to, an approved adjustment of status is not a prerequisite for Employment Authorization.
Check the processing time at your particular USCIS office. www.uscis.gov

sircellus

Thanks Happy

Thanks they are processing up to the end of june and i'm in the beginning of july so within a month i should get it then i already did all the figerprint stuff and that was easy.So i take it within a month i should get my permit i feel much better

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">