• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to add father to birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelabmom

I am going crazy. My last child was born without my divorce being legalized yet (ex wouldn't sign papers):(. My child carries his father's last name and first name. His father and I were married on 10/18/08. How do I get his name on the birth certificate? He was there when he was born and signed his name to the affidavit of parentage, but the clerk of court and records dept. says we have to have a court order and hire a lawyer. PLEEEAASE people!! Is there not some paperwork that I can fill out myself?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am going crazy. My last child was born without my divorce being legalized yet (ex wouldn't sign papers):(. My child carries his father's last name and first name. His father and I were married on 10/18/08. How do I get his name on the birth certificate? He was there when he was born and signed his name to the affidavit of parentage, but the clerk of court and records dept. says we have to have a court order and hire a lawyer. PLEEEAASE people!! Is there not some paperwork that I can fill out myself?
US Law Only!

(That's what happens when you sleep around while still married)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">