• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to and who to ask for opposite lawyer to be removed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZebraShop

Here is a link to the 211-page New York Rules of Professional Conduct:
http://www.nysba.org/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=50671

See Page 137 for Rule 4.3, Communicating with unrepresented persons.

Quincy, you are the only one on the point about trying to address the issue.

Others are 1) Give Up!, I See Conspiracy! 2) Man! I am cheering the other attorney for doing a really good job!

I can get those opinions from some guy on street by telling him I got screwed by some attorney. He would say the same thing without I have to go through creating an account here.

Quincy, you are the only one who linked to the 211 page document. I previously only could look at a https://www.nycourts.gov/rules/jointappellate/NY-Rules-Prof-Conduct-1200.pdf declared in the document as unofficial compilation. This, on NYCOURTS.GOV.

So, atleast I got something decent from Quincy. Rest of them, as I see, are just XX their time here.

ZebraShop

No matter the lawyers "violations" until he has been suspended or disbarred he can act as an attorney in the case. You have no say in the matter.
I know, I know. I was asking if there was a way to stop him by other means. Or get the clients to think about his counter productive behavior. Just asked. but then, I always get answers not to the point.

You know why I came to this website? to see atleast here attorneys do not waste time. Atleast here I am not paying anything.

You should see the suggestions here. "if you cannot hire attorney". What if I am just researching? Why assume I have zero dollars in my pocket? Atleast people, think this way... if this were a consultation or post retainer talk with your client, you can prolong billing by keep on talking off point. Here you are wasting your time.

ZebraShop

There are landlord/tenant clinics sprinkled throughout the state of New York where you can find some legal assistance if you are reluctant to hire an attorney to represent you (although hiring a lawyer probably would be your smartest move).

Good luck.
Again Quincy, you posted one thing I did not know before and tried to google using the words you put here "landlord/tenant clinics" and I see I can may be attempt to make progress.

The "go hire a lawyer" advisors are just unworthy of being on this website.

I will at least take it that I got two good replies from one person. Thanks a lot for at least pointing out some resources.

xylene

1. You still seem unhinged in your writing.

2. I'm not sure why there would ever be a legitimate charge for a move out inspection.

3. If you are a landlord with zero dollars in your pocket, you have a problem.

4. I've read your posts twice, I still can't comprehend your issue, beyond you feel hurt that a lawyer was impolite to you on the phone.

5. If you are in a dispute with a tenant, and the tenant has lawyer, and you don't, don't expect the opposition lawyer to consider your interests.

Sell your property and buy some municipal bonds or something.

ZebraShop

Nothing you stated, at least as I understand it, is a violation of the rules of professional conduct. A lawyer being rude to you and being difficult to work with is not a reason for which you can get an attorney removed from representing the opposing side. The opposing attorney's job is representing his/her clients zealously, not making things easy for you. In a landlord tenant dispute, the tenants lawyer is likely to make the landlord's effort to evict his client difficult if he or she is doing the job well. I think you may well need to have a lawyer of your own. Quite often pro se parties going up against lawyers have a very difficult time.

Are you sure lawyers can write a settlement agreement naming Barack Obama and stating he will do something for me as part of settlement agreement? and It can be seen as legal? Any one here can think for a moment what I wrote?

Tell me if you can draft a legal agreement saying president trump will relinquish all his assets to me if I sign the agreement. Just give one to me and I will sign it.

Please think through before shooting off something.

ZebraShop

1. You still seem unhinged in your writing.

2. I'm not sure why there would ever be a legitimate charge for a move out inspection.

3. If you are a landlord with zero dollars in your pocket, you have a problem.

4. I've read your posts twice, I still can't comprehend your issue, beyond you feel hurt that a lawyer was impolite to you on the phone.

5. If you are in a dispute with a tenant, and the tenant has lawyer, and you don't, don't expect the opposition lawyer to consider your interests.

Sell your property and buy some municipal bonds or something.

1) is an insult because I reported you.

2) I do not have to explain to you that in America, move out inspections happen all the time and landlords charge tenants after move out for anything they see as tenant being liable. All the time it happens.

3) Show me where I stated I have zero dollars. Just show me.

4) You cannot comprehend because you have not read about writing settlements with names of people who a lawyer is not representing. difficult to read?

5) I did not state the opposite lawyer has to consider my interests. he has to talk only about people he is representing. He cannot say something on behalf of, say, movie star tome cruise, just because he can write out a name. Do you even understand what I wrote in the first post?

Now you re advising me? Go find a minimum wage job rather than hanging out here. You are quite counter productive right from the beginning.

ZebraShop

Xylene, please just stop posting on this thread.

You just do not seem to be able to or capable of reading a post fully or capable of understanding anything and have a big ego.

Please understand that this post is about helping with my issue. Not maintaining your legal superiority or ego.

Just go away without posting any more.

PayrollHRGuy

I know, I know. I was asking if there was a way to stop him by other means. Or get the clients to think about his counter productive behavior. Just asked. but then, I always get answers not to the point.

You know why I came to this website? to see atleast here attorneys do not waste time. Atleast here I am not paying anything.

You should see the suggestions here. "if you cannot hire attorney". What if I am just researching? Why assume I have zero dollars in my pocket? Atleast people, think this way... if this were a consultation or post retainer talk with your client, you can prolong billing by keep on talking off point. Here you are wasting your time.
You should not be contacting the other parties in the suit. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least were you to do so and try to get them to fire their lawyer the judge would at best give you a stern talking to.

You should be aware, and you would be if you had read the TOS and and the notice at the bottom of the page that not everyone, myself included, is a lawyer. There are lawyers here and some have responded to you.

Most of the answers were directly on point. ie you have no say in who the other side chooses to be their lawyer.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Specifically I said "I want to tell them that I do not want to deal with this attorney".
Since you are apparently not an attorney and thus not bound by the rules of professional conduct there is no rule that prohibits you from directly contacting the other party to tell him/her this. But frankly, if I were the other party and you told that to me, I'd say I don't care that you don't want to deal with him. Your tenant is not likely to care at all what you want, either. Indeed, hearing from you that you don't like dealing with the attorney may delight the tenant. You certainly cannot force the tenant to fire his/her attorney, as I think you well know.

As for the rest, frankly your posts are not very clear as to what the lawyer has done that you think violates the rules. You have stated some conclusions like the attorney is claiming to represent people whom he really does not represent, but without seeing exactly what the attorney did it is impossible to say if the rules of conduct were violated. Without clear facts there is not much I can tell you.

I think it very unlikely that an attorney is going to misrepresent to you who he represents. It could happen, but it would be very unusual. It would be just as likely, I think, that you may have misinterpreted what the attorney said or did. I of course do not know which it is. You may raise the issue with the judge if you can show that the attorney is not actually representing the other party in that court action. But if the attorney is, in fact, representing him or her in that court action then your complaints about the attorney somehow being vague on that before the lawsuit will likely fall on deaf ears.

Ultimately it is important for you to understand that you have little control over whom the other side has as a lawyer. The job of the other side’s lawyer is not to make things easy for you. Being rude or making things difficult for you are not violations of the rules. If the attorney actually committed fraud against you, that would be another matter, but it is not clear to me that the attorney did that.

ZebraShop

Since you are apparently not an attorney and thus not bound by the rules of professional conduct there is no rule that prohibits you from directly contacting the other party to tell him/her this. But frankly, if I were the other party and you told that to me, I'd say I don't care that you don't want to deal with him. Your tenant is not likely to care at all what you want, either. Indeed, hearing from you that you don't like dealing with the attorney may delight the tenant. You certainly cannot force the tenant to fire his/her attorney, as I think you well know.

As for the rest, frankly your posts are not very clear as to what the lawyer has done that you think violates the rules. You have stated some conclusions like the attorney is claiming to represent people whom he really does not represent, but without seeing exactly what the attorney did it is impossible to say if the rules of conduct were violated. Without clear facts there is not much I can tell you.

I think it very unlikely that an attorney is going to misrepresent to you who he represents. It could happen, but it would be very unusual. It would be just as likely, I think, that you may have misinterpreted what the attorney said or did. I of course do not know which it is. You may raise the issue with the judge if you can show that the attorney is not actually representing the other party in that court action. But if the attorney is, in fact, representing him or her in that court action then your complaints about the attorney somehow being vague on that before the lawsuit will likely fall on deaf ears.

Ultimately it is important for you to understand that you have little control over whom the other side has as a lawyer. The job of the other side’s lawyer is not to make things easy for you. Being rude or making things difficult for you are not violations of the rules. If the attorney actually committed fraud against you, that would be another matter, but it is not clear to me that the attorney did that.

I give up! you Win! all of you Win!

After I clearly said settlement offer/proposal with name of person other than the attorney said he was representing and whole lot of posts by me repeating this...

I have to give up! You all are certainly something. I also give up to the extent of closing my account... :) Yay! you all should do a victory lap or if possible keep on doing and show every account holder of this website how they should just listen to you...

How wrong I was... amazing information!!! How great the attorneys are... Wont ask questions, need about dozen posts before they say I did not put enough information, but still wont ask questions but will tell because there is not enough information, I better find an attorney.

How do the rest of the people posting here get advice other than "hire an attorney?" Definitely there is no file upload to upload documents so these great attorneys can say something other than "go hire an attorney".

Sorry people, you were/are and always be THE GREAT ATTORNEYS!!! you are all so amazing. celebrate!!! yay!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Based on all of this, I suspect that the opposing attorney is simply responding in-kind to this poster.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I give up! you Win! all of you Win!

After I clearly said settlement offer/proposal with name of person other than the attorney said he was representing and whole lot of posts by me repeating this...
Look, you know exactly what the attorney did because you saw it. Evidently you believe that your description of it provides a clear picture of it, but it doesn't. You know what you meant because you have in mind the details of what the lawyer did when you wrote it. But I don't have those details as background to help me fill-in the details. That's the problem. I can think of lots of different situations that might look like the one sentence description you gave above, some of which would be a problem and some which wouldn't. So I'm sorry, but your post doesn't tell me what is really going on here.

I get that you hate dealing with this attorney. There are some opposing attorneys who I don't like dealing with either and a few who do things that are questionable but that do not clearly violate any rules. There isn't anything I can do about those opposing attoneys I do not like. I can't get them removed from representing the opposing party, nice as that would be to do it. Instead, I simply have to do my best to represent my client. That is all I can do. That's what I have control over. And very likely this will be the bottom line for you, too, though I realize that’s not the answer you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">