• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Answer my summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Colorado

I received a summons. I owe $ to credit card company. I am working with a company to help me with these debts (i am paying them $ every month so they can help me settle). I would like to file my answer with the court but dont know exactly what to write. I am just looking to buy some time. i intend to file my answer as not due, since i know i owe them but the amount they claim is up for debate. I just need to know what else to write. Can someone please help. Thanks :confused:


Junior Member
You will need to download or file answer form CRCCP 3 to submit an answer.


You should fill out item 1A and indicate why you think the ammount owed is incorrect or up for debate. As part of your summons you should have received an itemized list of the funds they are suing you for. If you are in mediation simply indicate that in your answer to prevent a default judgement from being awarded. If this company that you are working with is a debt relief firm they should be able to advise you on how to answer the suit.
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential