• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to close things off with attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Yes. Angering your attorney is rarely a smart move.

As a note: latigo still posts but under a different username and You Are Guilty (a New York attorney) passed away.

Last edited:

Whoops2u

Yes. Angering your attorney is rarely a smart move.

As a note: latigo still posts but under a different username and You Are Guilty (a New York attorney) passed away.
I'd "like" it but...seems wrong somehow. (Liking a post mentioning a death.)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You Are Guilty (a New York attorney) passed away.
Just curious about this. Last time I asked about his absence (it was quite a while ago) no one knew anything. How did you find out?

Makes me wonder when it's my time no one will even know the reason for my disappearance.

I miss YAG, he was a lot of fun on top of everything else.

quincy

Just curious about this. Last time I asked about his absence (it was quite a while ago) no one knew anything. How did you find out?

Makes me wonder when it's my time no one will even know the reason for my disappearance.

I miss YAG, he was a lot of fun on top of everything else.
Some of us have made arrangements with others to notify the forum of our passing. This eliminates the wondering or the waiting for a response from a forum member's family.

YAG's humor is what attracted me to this forum in the first place.

Whoops2u

I've been on many mailing lists, many forums, many newsgroups and many places like here of like and different topics since before there was a World Wide Web and you get to feel social connection after a while through the electronic media. It was always very touching when one with a living connection wrote to such a group if the ....friend?, member?, fellow being? that guy who does the thing?...had passed. I didn't think of that until /u/quincy's post and have to get around to setting that up for the places I frequent as well.

quincy

FreeAdvice has lost several members over the years. Some members shared their illnesses with us in advance so we were prepared for their eventual absence. Others simply disappeared.

Occasionally someone will do a "Whatever happened to ... ?" thread and former members will check in.

But, yes, many of us have developed close friendships with other members, both on the site and off. The loss of a member has an impact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">