• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to collect on awarded judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Dallas County, TX

My father recently won an award from small claims court. It was for past due rent from a couple who were renting a house from him.

What is the process for attempting to collect?


Senior Member
Go by a local library or large bookstore and get a book titled "How to Win in Small Claims Court in Texas". The last chapter or so includes how to enforce a Texas judgment. If you need further or decide to 'hire' it out for a percentage of the recovery, contact me and I will try to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential