• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to complaint against land lords

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ma,landlord does not have basic things in the house,which he had verbally promised.he lives in the same house.

*no blinds on the windows
*no furniture
*the hot water does not works correctly
*charges for the garage but does not keeps it clean from geese drops.
*turns off ac or heating without notifying tennants on his convinience..?

which court/office shall the complaint be?:eek:

HomeGuru

Ma,landlord does not have basic things in the house,which he had verbally promised.he lives in the same house.

*no blinds on the windows
*no furniture
*the hot water does not works correctly
*charges for the garage but does not keeps it clean from geese drops.
*turns off ac or heating without notifying tennants on his convinience..?

which court/office shall the complaint be?:eek:
**A: the regular court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
**A: I read that maybe the state was MA or the OP is a hillbilly and starts off the question with something like Ma landlord rented to ma pa and I live at the house with ma ma and ma pa.
You know something? If people would use proper punctuation/grammar/capitalization, it would make things a LOT easier around here :rolleyes:

Mrs. D

HA! I KNEW it wasn't your friend who didn't want to sign a lease...it was you. And now you want our advice on how to screw this LL who was quite trusting of you and who you are now being unreasonable with.

If LL lives in the same apt., I doubt there's much than can be done about the heating and cooling issue. Cooling is generally optional, and therefore you have NO standing in this regard. Heat must only be kept to a safe level. Unless you sustained frost bite from him turning off/down the heat to save energy and money, you probably have no claim.

Blinds are also generally optional. Unless you can PROVE he promised them, your case is quite weak.

No furniture? So you eat, sleep, and sit on the floor? Furniture is also optional, again, you would need something more than you saying "he told me he would give me furniture." IF you had the original advertisement for the room that said furnished you MIGHT have somewhat of a case.

What is wrong with the hot water? Generally, unless you get NO hot water EVER or you have NO control over the water temperature AT ALL (i.e., you can't avoid being burned), there's nothing to be done about that. If it takes a long time to heat up or needs a little "messing" to get it to the right temperature, well, those are just typical features of a lot of houses.

Do the "geese drops" prevent you from using the garage? Unless you actually live in the garage, I really doubt there are any rules about sanitation out there. If you physically cannot use the garage and he charges you for it, you have something. If you have to wipe your shoes off after leaving the garage, you have nothing. Also, have you tried closing the garage door? That'll keep the geese out.

Alaska landlord

You have no exclusive control outside of your room. Fix your car to prevent "geese drops"
Buy your own mini blinds and help with utilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">