• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to determine primary insurer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dorimae

I am retired from teaching in Georgia and have State Health Care Plan coverage. I am also covered as a dependent by my husband's employer in Alaska. Recently the Alaska school district for which he works changed administrators (they are self-insured). The new administrator says that since my Georgia insurance is a retirement plan, they (the Alaska plan) are primary for me. Georgia says they (Georgia) are still primary. Georgia's help line operator warns that if I submit claims incorrectly I am liable and possibly guilty of fraud. If they can't figure out which company is primary, how am I supposed to? Also, since I have received bad advice from Georgia's help line in the past, how can I be sure what today's operator told me is reliable?

ellencee

I should let you talk to my mom! She's a retired GA teacher, and that insurance system is so screwed up, she had to go all the way to the Governor to get someone to allow her stay with her physician of many years as the insurance sent out these nutso instructions and changes a couple of years ago. She and my Dad, who is retired Navy, have had nothing but trouble with her insurance plan!
Good Luck, and God Bless you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">