• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to disclaim inheritance in WA state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
My husband and I are filing Chapter 7 in a week. I know that if we receive an inheritance with 6 months of filing it would go to the court to pay creditors. My father's health is not good and although we hope he will be with us in 6 months this may not be the case. We were told that we might be able to disclaim the inheritance and it would go to our children. Would they be able to gift it back to us at a later date? Is there a form that would need to be filled out? Would this be done after my father's death?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential