• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to evoke a Temporary Guardianship order placed on my son by my parents?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I had no problem understanding the OP's meaning despite the inconsequential error.

In this world of 'helpful' computers, errors propagate.

And if she is misusing a word, I still have no problem comprehending the meaning and the goal that she has in mind.
The problem is, we believe we comprehend the meaning and goal, based on how we've deciphered and interpreted what someone posts.

There are a lot of euphemisms in OP's original post. She still feels betrayed that her parents, her mother particularly, would seek legal guardianship while she herself was undergoing treatment at a rehab facility. If any grandparents came on here, posting about how their grandchild's parents were going through a "troubling time" and were in rehabilitation, the majority of us would advise those grandparents to do what they could to get some sort of legal guardianship, if they were fit to do so, and do whatever they could to protect the child from the parents. Apparently these grandparents were.

The fact that OP is still focused on this betrayal implies to me that she still has work to go in her recovery.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Part of the problem, however, is that OP also saw fit to offer advice to another poster, one who IS a grandparent seeking custody. OP indicated in someone else's thread that it was HER experience (nope - she was in court and lost custody, not her rights) based on HER lawyer's (nope, again - it was her parents' lawyer*) input, that the mother would lose her rights if she didn't show in court. I'm not certain she really understands what the situation she's in, is. However, I am certain that she will need a lawyer.

Just Blue

The problem is, we believe we comprehend the meaning and goal, based on how we've deciphered and interpreted what someone posts.

There are a lot of euphemisms in OP's original post. She still feels betrayed that her parents, her mother particularly, would seek legal guardianship while she herself was undergoing treatment at a rehab facility. If any grandparents came on here, posting about how their grandchild's parents were going through a "troubling time" and were in rehabilitation, the majority of us would advise those grandparents to do what they could to get some sort of legal guardianship, if they were fit to do so, and do whatever they could to protect the child from the parents. Apparently these grandparents were.

The fact that OP is still focused on this betrayal implies to me that she still has work to go in her recovery.
She still has "wet brain". It take years of sober living to stop thinking like an addict. Based on her p.m.'s to me she in incredibly immature with no ability to admit she is wrong and childlike resentment/tantrum when nicely told she is wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">