• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to face building objection on a slope land?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lealexandre

Hi all,

I just bought a slope land at the end of a narrow cul-de-sac. Right after, a neighbor told me I was a fool to buy it since the neighborhood owners will object to any new home construction on it objecting this would create additional traffic congestion and limited parking availability. In case I manage to get a permit, what are my options to face their objections? and who should represent me in court to face these objections?

I should add that i plan to add a hammerhead turnaround next to my house to allow any firetruck to turn around. Would this safety feature for the street be an argument to allow the house construction?

I should also add that he claimed that they (the homeowners) successfully blocked 2 other constructions (1 is actually already excavated) on the same street.

Thanks for all your feedback.

justalayman

No idea where you are but since when do neighbors have any say about an owner of property building on their own lot?

lealexandre

No idea where you are but since when do neighbors have any say about an owner of property building on their own lot?
Thanks for your reply. Apparently they managed to stop the construction on a lot in the same street. I just hope that since I'll provide a turnaround hammerhead, they won't pose the same problem.

justalayman

unless there is something going on where their objections have some value and power, whether you build is up to the local building department. As long as they deem the lot buildable and your project acceptable it shouldn't matter what the neighbors say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">