• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file for contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jakesmom917

What is the name of your state? NC

Ok, How does one file for a contempt charge for not paying support if it is court ordered? Do I go to the magistrates?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Jakesmom917 said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Ok, How does one file for a contempt charge for not paying support if it is court ordered? Do I go to the magistrates?

My response:

Barnes & Noble Booksellers.

That's a clue.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Contempt

Jakesmom917 said:
Guess I dont get the clue

My response:

Well, that's a bookstore. In it, they sell books.

You see, you're asking us the typical "How do I do it" type question, and we're not about to re-type 20 or more pages of a book you can read, buy, and follow step-by-step instructions, found in the legal section of Barnes & Noble.

That was the answer to the clue.

IAAL

J

Jakesmom917

Contempt

Seems to me it would be an easy answer. This is an advice board and help board, thats what its for. No matter I will get an answer somehow:)

H

hexeliebe

Hi LoRider :D

Man it's been crazy here. I even went so far as to pop some corn and watch Jet rip someone a new posterior. And then, for laughs, got into a discussion on contracts.

Man, if I'm not careful I'm going to start believing the crap I type. :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Contempt

Jakesmom917 said:
Seems to me it would be an easy answer. This is an advice board and help board, that's what its for. No matter I will get an answer somehow:)

My response:

Then you "seem" wrong. You didn't ask a particular question. You asked a "How do I do it" question, which is vague, ambiguous, unintelligible and over broad. We don't know your exact situation, or what's going on. Only you know that information, and the extent.

If you had asked a "particular" legal question, I would have endeavored to help you more. But, you didn't. By answering a "How do I do it" question, you are, in essence, asking for representation and ongoing guidance. We don't do that.

Like I said, we're not about to re-type 20 or more pages of a book you can read, buy, and follow step-by-step instructions, found in the legal section of Barnes & Noble.

Try to get yourself out of your chair and go to the store.

IAAL

D

daisy82

you poor thing!

I realize some of you who are giving advice are really busy but so are those of us that are asking for advice... on top of that we are dealing with a very tough situation...

one way to get help with contempt is to contact your state's Department of Economic Security/Child Support Enforcement Division... when the ncp gets 3 months behind, they will take actions like, wage garnishment, notify the IRS and credit agencies and so forth... THAT is how I got him, even though he hasn't paid, he is in jail for not paying...I think for most ncp's the threat of jail is enough to get them to comply.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: you poor thing!

daisy82 said:
I realize some of you who are giving advice are really busy but so are those of us that are asking for advice... on top of that we are dealing with a very tough situation...

one way to get help with contempt is to contact your state's Department of Economic Security/Child Support Enforcement Division... when the ncp gets 3 months behind, they will take actions like, wage garnishment, notify the IRS and credit agencies and so forth... THAT is how I got him, even though he hasn't paid, he is in jail for not paying...I think for most ncp's the threat of jail is enough to get them to comply.

My response:

Sure, she could that - - - - if she's willing to wait months and months in a long line-up of other folks waiting to get "free" help!

Or, she can scoot to nearly the front of the line, and read a good book on the subject, and take the bull by the horns, and do it herself.

Remember, our writer is in a much more populous State than Arizona.

IAAL

D

daisy82

I know you are so VERY right... it took me 1 1/2 years to get the action that I got. However, when I had a lawyer and we were going to court for contempt... it still took a very long time to even get a court date (about 3 mos). But when there is charge after charge and the arrears just keep building up, it's been very helpful to know that the Attorney General's office is on the side of my children... I think she should do BOTH... that way when she is going to court for THIS contempt charge and beyond, she will be in the Enforcement Agency's database, and if it continues past the ONE contempt charge, she will eventually have SOMEONE to help her collect... they do many things other than just go to court as I mentioned before...

D

daisy82

p.s. Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the nation... all of you Cali people are moving HERE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">