• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Find Business Owners Information?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chobo2

Hi

I have an issue that occurred at a "strip mall". I was given a property managers information and contacted them, after the first email(in which they told me my issue is not there problem) they have stopped responding to my emails.

This leaves me no choice but to file a small claim and see what happens. Going through the small claim documents I need to list the legal business name and there "head office" address.

I not 100% sure how to find this information. I only know the property and the property management company not who actually owns it.

Do I have to do a land title search or what?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry - this forum is for US law matters only. Here in the US, you might be able to head to the local office that holds the property tax records...

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
While this is a forum for discussion of U.S. law, I do have a suggestion for you. In the U.S. some the information you seek can sometimes be found in the state's corporate registration information. It appears that British Columbia also provides similar kinds of registration information to the public. You can find that on the BC government Corporate Online site.

So you might start with land records to see who owns the property, then use the Corporate Online site to get the company info like the headquarters address.

Also, look at your lease. Somewhere in there the name of the landlord ought to be mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">