• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get my SSI raised to full?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DisabledGeek89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I am looking for help getting my SSI raised to full SSI. I only get partial benefits right now. I currently live at home with family. I am on SSI for autism. I have also since fallen into a state of deep depression. What do I need to do to get full SSI?

FlyingRon

Why is your SSI reduced? If it is because someone else is paying your room and board, then that reduction isn't changing unless that changes.

DisabledGeek89

Would saying my symptoms have become worse (I now have depression on top of Autism) affect my eligibility at all or cause the govurment to require me to get a payee? I don't want the latter to happen but I am considering my physiologist or psychiatrist to write a letter to social security about my symtoms becoming worse in addition to the letter about me paying rent.

HRZ

Cancelled checks or other proof of payment might help? paying rent to family smells...absent proof of you actually do pay.

adjusterjack

Would saying my symptoms have become worse (I now have depression on top of Autism) affect my eligibility at all or cause the govurment to require me to get a payee?
You appear to be a high functioning individual given your ability to locate this site on the internet and post messages using proper English grammar, punctuation and spelling (other than govurment which could just be a typo).

I think adding a mental illness in an attempt to get more money risks just the opposite happening if you end up getting investigated more closely. (Read Joseph Heller's Catch 22.)

I suggest concentrating on the income and support issue and see how that goes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">