• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayrollHRGuy

I've pulled up that info too and we are scheduling a meeting. How exactly am I practicing law? I'm reading a public document which will help me decide if I say "absolutely, you and your daughter can come stay with me, let's go." Or "we should take you straight to an authority that can tell you what to do." I'm gathering information.
It is specifically the interpretation of the legal document and advising based on it that is the practice of law.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can assume all you want man. If getting all mightier than thou makes you feel better, go for it. I haven't done or decided anything for her and I have found legal counsel for her...
Are you crazy? This has nothing to do with being "mightier than thou" and has everything to do with this poor girl. Since she has legal counsel, she should be speaking to her attorney.

PayrollHRGuy

You can assume all you want man. If getting all mightier than thou makes you feel better, go for it. I haven't done or decided anything for her and I have found legal counsel for her...
Then go hop in your car, go to her offer to take her legal counsel you found for her.

PayrollHRGuy

OWMA = Only Want My Answer

This is an acronym I'm going to start using to describe people that are only happy and will often rudely rebuff any answer on an advice forum that isn't specifically the answer they want.

Let's see if it catches on. It certainly happens enough.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's a scheduled appointment next Thursday. These pro bono things arent always right now.
Apparently, she feels safe enough, for the moment, to stay there. Furthermore, you've already made it clear that he hasn't been violent towards her. In fact, she is the one who was violent towards him. While I understand the terrible thing that is domestic abuse in all its forms, one might be inclined to conclude that she is not just a victim, but also a participant/perpetrator.

falexander88

I'm not gonna fight a tit for tat. Shes young and sheltered and doesn't know shit about her legal rights. I'm here trying to see if there are angles I hadn't considered and .... there are! I'm learning a lot. I'm not a lawyer but I can ask her to consider factors she hadn't before. I like to learn things. I spent 3 years fostering my niece and I still dont fully understand WA state child safety laws. It's a mindfeild.

falexander88

Apparently, she feels safe enough, for the moment, to stay there. Furthermore, you've already made it clear that he hasn't been violent towards her. In fact, she is the one who was violent towards him. While I understand the terrible thing that is domestic abuse in all its forms, one might be inclined to conclude that she is not just a victim, but also a participant/perpetrator.
I definitely considered her participation. Hence my hesitation to exasperate things by bringing her to my home. My sister was a junky... I'm suspicious of everyone's motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">