• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How To Get Unreported Credit History?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freshstart48

Yes. You should get your free credit reports from Experian, TransUnion and Equifax.

You might find you must buy for cash a cheap used car from a private seller. DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT a trusted mechanic’s INSPECTION first. You can drive this car until you can build up your credit.

Otherwise you will have to use a co-signer or find a lender willing to take a risk - but the latter means you probably be paying a high interest rate.
So even though CreditKarma shows Transunion and Equifax already, I need to just get those credit reports from AnnualCreditReport.com?

And if I had enough cash to buy a cheap car, I would have already done that. Heck, I would have fixed my 2010 Hyundai that is still sitting. Driving Uber is not profitable but it keeps money coming in and allows me to pay my rent and a few other online monthly business expenses.

zddoodah

I skimmed your extremely long post, and these are the only questions I found.

WHY is there NO credit history for me showing that I made almost 7 years worth of monthly payments?!
Is there anyone who can provide a suggestion of what to do, or tell me how best to go about proving that I made all the payments until June 2018, so that a car dealer can secure financing for me to buy a car in my name?
The first question doesn't raise any legal issue, and no one here will have the slightest idea about it. The second question is more suited for a forum about credit advice. However, ultimately, the decision to give or not give credit is up to the individual lender. If you have a non-standard situation, you might be better off securing a loan from a bank or credit union than trying to get financing through a dealer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So even though CreditKarma shows Transunion and Equifax already, I need to just get those credit reports from AnnualCreditReport.com?

And if I had enough cash to buy a cheap car, I would have already done that. Heck, I would have fixed my 2010 Hyundai that is still sitting. Driving Uber is not profitable but it keeps money coming in and allows me to pay my rent and a few other online monthly business expenses.
I believe that you are completely honorable and trustworthy, but the records don't show that. Based on your own description, you are right "on the edge". A lender sees that and judges that you are not a healthy credit risk for them. As suggested, you will likely need to find a used car lot that has more generous terms, although you will be paying more in interest.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you have a non-standard situation, you might be better off securing a loan from a bank or credit union than trying to get financing through a dealer.
This is great advice. Particularly about a credit union.

Mass_Shyster

I suggest you continue renting until you've put away enough money to put down a large enough down payment for the banks to not care about your credit, or buy a cheaper car outright. You can probably get something for $5000 that will satisfy Uber's requirements. If you buy new, you'll be looking at $400 per month payments. Put that away for a year and you've got $4800 to buy used.

PayrollHRGuy

WOW! Without looking at the paperwork, I'm pretty sure her name was first and my name was second. But, I created the online account and made the payments from my own bank account. Ally always knew that Mom never made a payment.
The online account and who made the payments mean little to nothing. What really matters is the SSN on the account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">