• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get wage garnishments? NV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Nevada

I can't seem to find any info on how to get my ex's wages garnished for child support. We did an uncontested divorce, ourselves, through the courts. We filed the papers and he hasn't paid me anything since they were finalized.
I found the legal terms and all but can't find anything about how to get the wages garnished. Will I need a lawyer, or is it more forms to fill out and turn in? Also, does he need to be a certain amount or time delinquent to have them garnished? Thanks in advance!!


Senior Member
You can contact your local child support enforcement agency. They should be able to help you get an income withholding order.


Have you tried calling your local support agency to see what assistance they might be? If he isn't paying per the order, then he is in contempt and you should file a contempt of court order. I believe you might the option of requesting garnishment at that point in your filing. The Clerk Of Courts should be able to steer you in the direction of filing contempt stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential