• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to go about expunging a restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

I was wondering how i can go about expunging a restraining order, someone reccomended going to appeals court, but is there any alternative route? Can my attorney work an agreement with the plaintiff to vacate the order, then later expunge it?

The restraining is set to expire in a couple yrs but the problem is that it may prevent me from employment in certain fields such as law enforcment or border patrol.

Should i put myself through the police academy and going in as a prior service, pre service ; instead of trying to be hired as a trainee?

Other then that i will meet the minimum qualifications , its just the restraining other may have a adverse effect.The restraining order will be expired by the time i obtain my B.S. degree and apply for law enforcement. There are no charges brought on against me.

Just Blue

Domestic Violence Restraining Orders cannot be expunged. They will stay on your personal record forever.

See my thread on the subject: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1580078#post1580078
Bliss...Speedieboy had a civil harassment RO placed on him, 'cause he wouldn't leave a girl alone...He should have specified the TYPE of RO is was.

Speedie...Since you are to become...cough cough...a Law Enforcement Officer, it's time you started looking this stuff up for yourself....

Google "Expungment Requirements" for your state.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">